No Cook Low Cal Tiramisu recipe – what’s not to like?
This recipe originates from a Pinch of Nom, who claim to be the UK’s most visited food blog. I actually bought their first book which includes 100 slimming home style recipes. This is definitely one of my favourites as it is really simple to make and only has 108 Kcal per serving.
There’s no cooking involved but you should allow 10 minutes chilling time before serving. The end result is a really tasty dessert which could easily be served at a dinner party.
Ingredients for Tiramisu recipe
- 150g ricotta
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste or extract
- 2 tsp granulated sweetener
- 8 sponge fingers, each broken into 3 pieces
- 100ml strong espresso, cooled
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
Method for Tiramisu recipe
- Put the ricotta, vanilla bean paste and granulated sweetener in a bowl and mix with a fork until smooth.
- Place three sponge finger pieces into the base of four 125ml ramekins.
- Add a couple of teaspoons of espresso to each ramekin and crush the sponge fingers down to cover the base of the ramekins.
- Top this layer with a layer of ricotta mix, then add three more sponge finger pieces, placing them towards the edges of the ramekin. There is no need to crush these down.
- Add another little drizzle of espresso and top with the remaining ricotta mix.
- Place the cocoa powder in a sieve and generously dust it over each tiramisu.
- Chill for around 10 minutes or until ready to serve.
If calories aren’t an issue then I would suggest using the whole of a 250g pot of ricotta rather than have any leftover. I also found that swapping the espresso for regular instant coffee doesn’t make a noticeable difference. You could also add a measure of Tia Maria to the coffee to ensure that the sponge fingers are lovely and moist. Top with a lovely sweet strawberry.