I discovered this recipe for white chocolate, cranberry and pistachio Rocky Road in the Good Housekeeping’s festive supplement.
I trialled it this morning using half quantities of the listed ingredients and it worked really well. It is my intention to make further batches and to give as Christmas gifts.
Here is my adaptation of the Good Housekeeping recipe.
- 200g white chocolate broken into squares
- 12g mini pink and white marshmallows
- 25g desiccated coconut, plus extra to scatter
- 25g dried cranberries
- 20g pistachios
- 25g ginger nut biscuits, roughly chopped
- Edible silver balls, optional, to decorate
- Line a rectangular 15 x 10cm tin or plastic carton with clingfilm
- Put chocolate into a heat proof bowl and stir continuously over a saucepan of gently boiling water until it has melted
- Stir in the marshmallows, coconut, cranberries, pistachios and ginger nut biscuits
- Empty into the prepared container and level the surface
- Scatter over extra coconut and edible silver balls
- Freeze until solid; approximately 15 – 20 minutes
- Turn out onto chopping board and cut into evenly sized squares
Realistically, the whole process took around 45 minutes. The end result was exactly as depicted in the magazine supplement.
I used Menier Swiss White Chocolate for Fine Desserts and Cakes which I bought in Waitrose.
📸 Carolyn Hayter
For more seasonal recipes from Good Housekeeping follow this link.