I discovered this recipe for Apricot & Raspberry Pots in the August issue of Country Living Magazine and made this dessert for my extended family last week. The combination of the raspberries and honey added a sweetness to the apricots and Greek yogurt which was thoroughly enjoyed by the youngsters as well as the adults.
To serve I chose to use my new M&S picnic wine glasses, rather than the Kilner jars suggested in the original version, as I was not planning to transport the desserts further than the garden table.
- 10 fresh apricots, de-stoned and roughly chopped
- 500g Greek-style yogurt
- 1-2 tsp icing sugar
- 2 tsp orange-blossom water
- 6 tsp orange-blosom honey plus extra for drizzling
- 250g fresh raspberries, plus extra to garnish
- small handful of pistachios, roughly chopped
- Put the apricots in a food processor or blender and blitz to a purée. Add half the yogurt and 1 tsp icing sugar and whizz to combine. Taste for sweetness. Chill.
- Put the remaining yogurt into a bowl and stir in the orange-blossom water.
- To assemble the dessert, drop 1 tsp of honey into each wine glass, followed by a layer of raspberries. Cover with a layer of the orange-blossom yogurt, then a layer of the apricot yogurt. Chill overnight.
- Garnish with raspberries, nuts and a drizzle of honey.
Allow more than the 15 minutes suggested to prepare this dessert as the number of different processes and ingredients makes it quite a time consuming process.
Make the day before as assembled dessert requires overnight chilling.
I found that Waitrose sells the the orange-blossom honey and orange-blossom water.