They say that Barbiecore is going to be the next big interior trend. It has been seen on the red carpet and now it’s making its way into the interiors market and it’s hot, hot , hot.
The soon to be released Barbie movie is at the heart of this latest trend and I’ve taken inspiration from Barbie’s Malibu mansion to bring you my interpretation of this craze.
Some say that pink is the most important factor and that any shade will do. I’ve taken this a step further and added some Californian seaside tones to create a more diverse scheme.
These hues are coupled with cheeky gingham fabrics, girly scalloped edges and a bit of bling to add some movie star glamour. Woven beach baskets and rattan bar stools ensure the vibe is super summery and relaxed.
Shop the look
For all stockists see below:
- Oliver Bonas; misc. cushions, bedding and plants and pots
- Made.com; Lab ceiling pendant, teal, deep grey and mustard
- Heal’s; Los Angeles is Pink 01 by Mikal Strom 30 x 40cm print by Paper collective
- Oliver Bonas; Surfing Lady framed wall art & Cote D’Azur framed wall art
- Oliver Bonas; Mustard Made Shorty Berry Pink Storage Locker
- Oliver Bonas; Fresh cotton tassel bath mat large
- Habitat; Beach bar gazebo with stools – natural
- Oliver Bonas; The Basket Room Bolga Bike Basket
- Oliver Bonas; Pineapple gold and glass cocktail cup
For similar paint colours try William Yeoward’s Sandy Paws, Garlic Prawn, Vert Turquoise and Pearl Oyster.
How can I help you?
If you would like my help in sourcing products for your interior I hold trade accounts with many of the well known interior stores in the UK and can buy at favourable rates. Please use the Contact Form on my website if you would like to discuss the interior related services that I offer.